Alibaba will soon release TBO, its Netflix competitor for China

A pedestrian walks past adve
Alibaba will soon launch a Netflix competitor in China, which it’s calling Tmall Box Office, or TBO. Like Netflix, TBO will produce its own shows, but also bring in content from outside sources. Currently, TBO plans to stream shows from China and other countries. TBO has competition from rivals like Tencent or Baidu, but plans to operate as a freemium model. According to Reuters, only about 10 percent of TBO’s content would be free, while the remaining 90 percent would have to be purchased or require a subscription. Alibaba hasn’t said when TBO will launch, only noting it was coming…

This story continues at The Next Web

from The Next Web

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen